Hello, and welcome to Fast Fingers Guitar Lessons! I offer online and in home guitar lessons to the local community. I currently teach in Pleasanton, Livermore, Dublin and San Ramon on the weekends, and during the week in Santa Clara and San Jose.
Lessons can be 30 or 60 minutes, depending on the age of the student and their goals.
I’m a big believer in understanding music – not just playing songs. My goal is not to make just a guitar player out of you, but a real musician.
Lessons include (but not limited to):
- Songs – we can learn what you want along with signature solos
- Alternate Picking
- Hammer ons and pull offs
- String Bending
- Music reading – staff and tab
- Music Theory
- Soloing / Improvising
- 6 String guitar, 7 String guitar, bass
- Whammy Bar techniques
- Double Hammer On
- Styles – Rock, Blues, Metal, Country, Jazz (I’ve played all those in various bands!)
- Ear Training
- Music Analysis – what key is this in? How would you solo here?
- Composition – sounds scary but it’s not. We start simple and work our way up
- Chord analysis
- Alternative Tunings like Drop D
- Relative Positioning on the Guitar
- Fretboard visualization
- Cycle of 4ths and 5ths
- Analyzing the styles of great players like Randy Rhodes and Jimi Hendrix
So if you’re ready for a new adventure, email Spencer today! I have openings on week nights and on Saturdays.
A bit about me:
I’m Spencer Clark and I’ve been in music nearly all my life. I play guitar (6 and 7 string), bass, and some keyboard. I have a degree in music from West Valley College in Saratoga, CA. and worked my way through college earning other degrees by playing in bands and teaching. I taught for 12 years at Guitar Showcase in San Jose. I was teaching guitar lessons since I was a teenager out of my parent’s house.